Tuesday, August 9

Reading for Fun and Profit...Part Deux

Allright campers...

I've found a strip that completly blows my mind. It's NOT for the faint of heart, it's not for those who are easily offended.

It deals with some VERY, and I mean VERY painfull stuff. It deals with death, it deals with hell...but moreso...

It deals with hope, and redemption.

It's called Jack, and it's some of the most powerfull stuff I've ever read.

In many ways, it reminds me of Neil Gaiman's Sandman. Especially the title character. Yes, it's furry...but as odd as it sounds, I think it makes it a better strip. If it was human, or representations of humans I think it would wind up being far TOO close to home. The amorphic animals wind up enabling you to distance yourself...well...untill you realize that it doesn't matter what these characters look like. They're all TOO human.

I've been reading the archives compulsuvly for three days now. I'm almost through with them...

Thank me or curse me, either way, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home